MB-resize.jpg

Hi, I'm Morgan.

Read on for thoughts on books, fitness, travel, being intimidated by my mid-twenties, and everything in between. Cheers! ✨

Of Note — February 8

Of Note — February 8

I absolutely loved spending the weekend in Canada celebrating my Nana’s 90th. It’s been a busy, busy week catching up at work but definitely a fulfilling one. We had a big gift announcement the day after I got back which had me at work until 11pm, but we made it at the Carolina/NC State game so I got to watch the Tar Heels beat the Wolf Pack! Looking forward to a weekend of fun with pals and lots of relaxing.

Currently reading
Apparently I am no longer capable of reading paper books. It took me 10 weeks to read 25% of Becoming, and in the last seven days I’ve read the remaining 75%. I finished the book today, and it was utterly magical. She’s an honest and compelling storyteller. I especially appreciated the light she shed on her relationship with Barack — both how they’ve romanced each other of the years and how they’ve fought and struggled. I don’t have much (read — basically no) experience in relationships, so I love getting her insight and perspective to carry with me. I cried about a dozen times (maybe more?) while reading it. I highly, highly recommend you pick up a copy.

Currently watching
I’ve seen Bohemian Rhapsody twice in the past week. It’s a weird movie. Rami Malek does a good job as Freddie Mercury, but it’s tough not to think about how terrible a person the director Bryan Singer is and how the movie doesn’t depict a queer man’s story in a nuanced way. It was overall a fun movie to see — I liked it more than I thought I would — but I think I might rather just go on a road trip and zoom down a country road with the windows down and Queen songs blasting.

Currently listening
I cannot get over Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. I saw it almost two weeks ago, and I’m STILL obsessed with it — and I’m not typically a comic book gal. I’ve only seen a handful of Marvel movies (and never a Spider-Man movie. In fact I just learned his name is “Spider-Man” and not “Spiderman.”). But I am especially obsessed with the movie’s soundtrack. Jaden Smith, Amine, Vince Staples, Post Malone, and more — it’s such a bop. You should definitely check out both the movie and the music.

Currently eating
Ottawa bagels, Beavertails, Tim Hortons, pepperoni pizza with the peps underneath the cheese, and poutine!!! I had all three while in Canada and was just the happiest gal that there ever was. Love my fine Canadian delicacies.

Currently loving
The celebrations of Carol Folt’s last week, dinner at the Angus Barn, Carolina basketball, chicken minis, Michelle Obama, champagne, running for six minutes straight at Orangetheory, the Good Place, surprise bean boot keychain presents, Hujicam, Erin’s hotel points getting us a dope upgrade at the Marriott.

Of Note — February 22

Of Note — February 22

Skating on the Rideau Canal

Skating on the Rideau Canal